Meanwhile, I've been having fun quilting Flower in a Pot #6. It was time to try out a new feather! For this one I did a curlicue at the end of the feather and then traced it back to where it started. It's kind of like a hook feather but at the tip of it you put in a curlicue instead.
Above are the tiny curls at the bottom of the vase. And of course the picture is upside down.
I also decided to try something different around the edge of this quilt. I used a design from Cristina Cameli. It's called bear claw, I think. I took her Wild Quilting class on Craftsy and it was excellent. As with working on any new design I drew it a bunch of times first, and then went for it. It got better as I went along. Here are some close up views of it.
Here is the back before binding and rick rack trim. I still need to quilt in some of the detail in the flower and pot, but it will get done....eventually!
The quilt with the rick track trim added and the edge cut for binding.
And the final quilt! I love the orange-red rick rack. I really think it adds something to the quilt.
I hope the tulips are blooming in Paducah on Saturday! I'll tell you all about it when I get back! Happy Quilting! Don't forget to join my Machine Applique Adventures Facebook Group! I'll be srue to post some wonderful pictures from the AQS show!