Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Peacock Part 2

Last week I told you I'd started stitching around my Peacock applique quilt.  I finished all the stitching.  It's unusual for me to use single instead of double blanket stitch, but I decided to on this project because I didn't want to draw my eye away from the design.  
Here's the top so far.  You really can't see the stitching at all and it lets all the fabrics shine.

A close-up.  Look how tiny those stitches are!  They're done in 50 weight Aurifil cotton.  It has no sheen which is what I wanted for this project.

And the back...

I hope you get to quilt today!

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is "WOW"!!!! The matte finish Aurifil is perfect!!!