The next pieces I decided to add were the very center. I knew it might be tricky to stitch since it's in the center and I wanted it over with. As it turned out, it was just fine to stitch since I rolled the edges of the fabric and helped support it. I will say that my thread choice was not the best however. The color was right, but if you look at the picture of the back of the quilt you can see there are some blobs of thread on the back. It looks fine on the front, but terrible on the back.
And now it was time to add the big flowers! I decided that I didn't want all 12 of these flowers the same so I was going to use one fabric for the north, south, east, and west flowers and one for the 8 others. However, when I started playing with it I realized that I liked them alternated better, so that's the way I went with it.
Here is the back. You can see that I left the stabilizer between the points of the tulip shape. This was done intentionally because I knew I was going to put some dots there and would need stabilizer behind it.
Here is the back so far.
I hope you get to quilt today!