I tried orange instead. It doesn't seem any better though.
What about a real change....lime green! Nope, it looks strange.
I finally decided to stick with the original coral fabrics. Below you can see that I've stitched layer one. If you look at the stem of the pot you can see that I chose to do my blanket stitching around it in a lime green thread. I chose lime green because I thought if I used pink it would take away from the pattern of the fabric.
The back after layer one has been stitched. I use a tear-away stabilizer that I rip away before I layer the quilt.
After a few more layers. I got so excited I forgot to take pictures of different layers!
The back after many layers.
Happy Saturday! I hope you get to quilt some today. Please join me over at my Machine Applique Adventures Facebook Group.