...and some pretty pinks...
...that all coordinate with this really zany batik fabric for the pot! I had to have this fabric a few years ago and a vase seems like just the thing to make out of it.
Now it was time to start playing with greens. I need four. They need to have some contrast between them. This top picture the lightest green on top is very faded compared to the rest and it just doesn't look good.
Here is a different green that is much brighter that really makes all the greens sing together compared to the photo above. These were my final choices.
I decided to do the top of the flower on this amazing batik. Think of all the texture you get by using this dot print as the tip of the flower!
I have no idea why I decided to take pictures on top of this "There was An Old Lady That Swallowed a Fly" book, but I did. It might make a fun quilting pattern?! Here is how I test our fabrics to see if I like them. It's a great fabric, lots of movement, but it just doesn't play well with the other petals.
Here was a different purple I tried. It think it really clashes.
A blue and purple print. It didn't work either. The blue sticks out.
Dark purple? It's okay, but it's really dark compared to the other fabrics.
This is a fun print, but it's too gray in the background for my liking.
This print is okay. I like it.
Here is the final flower! I love the dark top.
Happy Quilting! 6 more days until school is out for the year and this teacher has more time to sew!
Just love when you post new projects... Bucket List to meet you for sure.ReplyDelete
Houston for sure! Let's plan a meal together or something!Delete
Yay!!! More time to sew!!! I have three free days to sew as my kids are back in daycare and I don't start full-time work until next week. With 8 hours of sewing everyday, I think I should be able to get some things done.ReplyDelete
There's nothing like sewing for 8 hours uninterruptedDelete