Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Flower in a Pot #4 - The Quilting

I have decided to challenge myself by doing all 9 Flower in a Pot blocks with a different feather pattern behind them.  I started with the three feathers I always do (traditional, hook, and the kind Diane Gaudynski does).  I then needed to try something different.  I was at Upper Midwest Machine Quilters this weekend and one of the members called these particular feathers "molar feathers" because the top of them looks like a molar.  I like it.  I've never done them before and found them to be fairly simple once I'd drawn some of them.

Here is the view from the back.  I need to go back and add a little more stitching in colored thread, but alas, didn't have time yesterday to get it done.  However, I did finish the binding!

Here is the quilt once I attached the rick rack that will be tucked inside the binding.  I have become a bit of a rick rack-a-holic of late due to these little quilts.

And here is the final quilt.  I will go back and add a little stitching, but overall I'm really happy with how it turned out.  Stay tuned for the pattern on Saturday!  And come join me in my Machine Applique Adventures Facebook group!

Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment