There is an ombre of fabrics in this quilt. When I was showing it to my friend Shelli and explaining that I was going to quilt inside the large leaf, she said, "Why don't you do an ombre with threads?" OMG! What are friends for?! What a fantastic idea. The hardest part was picking out the threads in an ombre. I really needed one more color, but couldn't find the right one.
I started with the darkest pink and did some fill work with swirls, hurricanes, and pebbles.
And more colors.
Until I finished with a light pink.
Here's a closeup. You can really see the taffeta with the burnout in the middle top of this picture.
Here it is before I added the last pink. You can tell that the top left is darker than the last set of color for sure. It's much easier to see in person.
The whole thing at this stage:
And a closeup of the background fill. I had to use something with a lot of contrast and a totally different scale.
I hope you get to quilt today!