While cleaning my sewing room last week I found a hidden project I'd completely forgotten about. I think the top was completed at least 3-4 years ago. It's about 1 foot square and done with fusible applique and blanket stitching. I had fun using different colors in a circle to do the lime and red stitching along the outer edge.
I started with the teal you see below. I did straight lines through the whole piece.
In the lime teardrops I did some feather quilting along the outside edge and then used a ruler to make a grid on the inside. In retrospect, I should've marked the grid for more consistency, but I still am happy with how I'm learning to use rulers. And no, I didn't put my ruler foot on. It was in the basement and I was feeling lazy so I skipped it. With such a small area it wasn't a problem, but I sure wouldn't do that with longer lines.
Here are the final lime teardrops.
I hope you get to quilt today!
Post a Comment