Today it's my turn for the It's Cool to be Square Blog Hop from Just Let Me Quilt! I wanted to make something with small squares and wasn't in the mood to piece so I decided to applique them.
I put some fusible on the back of this beautiful green Island Batik print. I then cut out 1 inch and half inch squares.
Once I had them all arranged how I wanted them I fused them in place. To stitch them down, I layered the quilt and did a continuous curve quilting to stitch them all in place.
I then had fun quilting a TON of feathers. You can never have too many feathers!
It was interesting trying to quilt this tiny center with feathers.
Complete! Sew pretty.
Be sure to check out all the other quilters on the hop!
Also...I'm doing an online mystery that starts Memorial Day (though if you send me an email I'll show you what it looks like early). Here are all the details:
The Mystery Quilt is READY! Clink on one of the links below to pay your $10 fee. If it's an issue, please send me a private message and I can help get it all set for you.
IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE QUILT FIRST...and not be surprised...SEND ME an email to websterquilt at gmail dot com and I'll show you...but no sharing
Here's the plan:
- A $10 fee gets you into a private Facebook Group where we can share instructions and pictures as we work on the project. As soon as I have your payment I will send you an invite to the group.
- YARDAGE and CUTTING INSTRUCTIONS are ready and in the Facebook Group which is called Suzy Webster Quilts Mystery Quilt
- It's a traditional looking quilt, but would totally look modern if using modern fabrics
- No large fabric border. There will be a pieced border (though you could add one later if you wanted)
- One new clue a week for about 6 weeks until tops are complete and we can add a week or two to talk about how to quilt it if you'd like. The first week or two will be for cutting and then we'll get started
- Zoom meetings once a week to ask questions/sew along/etc to be decided by the group
- Two size options - throw (66 x 66) and bed (92 x 92)
- All pieces are squares and rectangles.
- Can be totally scrappy or not. Up to you. You can scrap the background too if desired as long as the fabrics read the same.
I hope you get to quilt today!