I decided my leftover pieces needed some applique in the middle...
I must admit that I hate shadowing (when a fabric that is darker shows through a lighter fabric). Here's what I tried to do to the yellow fabric to fix the problem. I added some extra decorative stitching. I didn't like it. I ripped it out.
And I tried again. I ripped it out.
Then I decided that it wasn't worth it and I left it. Shocking for me, but this ISN'T a show quilt so I just left it. And it's okay! You can't see it unless you look closely or know where to look (which I suppose you all do now...oh, wells!).
For these outer green leaves I tried doing my blanket stitch as a single instead of a double. I used a 28 weight Aurifil with a 50 weight in the bobbin. It worked great and you can tell the stitches are thicker.
Here's the blanket stitching on the purple. I like that it's slightly darker.
I hope you get to quilt today!