More flying geese. Sigh. I like flying geese, but now I really remember why I don't like to make them. Mom and I decided to use a different technique than last time (cut perfect on Accuquilt) and use the four at a time method. We found the exact dimensions to cut, but don't have Accuquilt strip cutters for that exact size. So I cut some pieces of the sizes we did have and tried it out. It worked well and we had to trim about an 1/8 of an inch from the sides. So we went for it.
We talked and marked our squares. I then came home and pinned.
Mom has an amazing 1.5 x 3 Blocloc trimmer for geese. It worked great!
Two done....many to go.
Mom had some sticky stuff on the back of the ruler. It's like the stuff that holds gift cards on to the cardboard they come attached to. It got unsticky after awhile and I was trying to figure out a solution as it made the trimming much easier.
I bought these dots at Office Max. I wanted temporary, but they only had permanent. They were too sticky so I put some of the oil from my hands (okay, okay, and my hair) on the dots to get them less sticky. Then they worked great and lasted for 80 pieces or so before they had to be replaced.
I hope you get to quilt today!