I am so excited to show you the rest of this flower! For the first part click here.
I was trying to decide between these two colors of thread for the top piece of the flower petals (the darker blue with the turquoise dots). The left one would stand out a lot (you can see it draped over the fabric) where as the right one blends more. I decided to go with blend because the fabric stands out enough as it is.
Here I was making another thread choice for the oval you see between the two spools. I decided on the thread on the left as the color was closer.
If you look carefully at the background fabric around the oval you can see that the background fabric is warping a little. I decided to make a slit in the stabilizer on the back of the fabric in order to flatten the fabric before sewing the piece. It worked perfectly.
Here's the slit I CAREFULLY cut using a seam ripper.
Here's what the fabric looked like once I'd turned it back over after cutting the slit.
And the final block!
The back of the final block.
I hope you get to quilt today!