Here's the free motion work I did on the last Silk Trial piece I did. This one I started by stitching the stem and leaves. Then I stitched around the flower. Then I added a frame and the outline of the frame. I wanted to fill the space atop the flower with something interesting so I added a spray of feathers. Then some wiggles in the outer frame and some random spiral shapes on the inside.
The spray of feathers.
Random spiral shapes. I was trying to do different shapes, but it's mostly triangles and rectangles.
And a closeup of the feather and leaves. I wanted to do dense stitching in the leaves and stem so the shape would show up really well.
I hope you get to quilt today!