After having sat for a while I pulled the lint off the black fabric with my trusty lint roller I happen to keep right next to my machine. I use it a lot when I'm quilting a dark colored fabric.
Next to quilt those circles. I decided to make a circle chain quilting them in a light teal to match the outermost circles. I love the effect, but then I got scared again and it sat for a few more weeks.
Here's the finished quilt. I decided to echo all the painting and then fill the background with some wild quilting combining three different patterns.
Here's a close-up. I used bubbles, paisleys, and some fern looking fillers to fill the background area. The thread is dark blue because it's really hard on my eyeballs to use black thread on a black background.
Another view of the background quilting.
And here's what happened in the center. I used bubbles since the space was so narrow.
And the BACK side of the quilt. I think I like it almost as much as the front!
A wonderful quilt from a wonderful class.
I hope you get to quilt today!