I received the gorgeous Harvest Blue collection from Island Batik to make my Quilt Modern Blog Hop quilt with. It has all sorts of gorgeous yellow and blue prints inspired by harvest time.
Then I grabbed some solid white Island Batik fabric (the BEST solids to work with) and started playing with different layouts. You will see I went through quite a few before I finally came to a final design.
When I started I was so sure this was going to be the layout....nope.
I like this, but not quite what I wanted still.
I love this idea, but I had too many fabrics for it to work as a baby quilt.
Finally! I LOVE it.
All complete! I quilted my quilt with Aurifil thread, Schmetz Needles, and used Hobbs 80/20 cotton/poly blend batting. After quilting the project I washed the whole quilt with Synthrapol and happily sent it off with to the new mom to be!
For the circles I simply quilted around the edges. All the white background got big swirls.
Plaid binding! Gotta love it.
My son insisted that it needed to be photographed in his favorite climbing tree :)
- Preeti Harris, Sew Preeti Quilts
- Denise Looney, For the Love of Geese
- Brianna Roberts, Sew Cute and Quirky
- Joanne Hart, Unicornharts
- Leah Malasky, Quilted Delights
- Jane Hauprich, Stitch by Stitch Custom Quilting
- Pamela Boatright, PamelaQuilts
- Andi Stanfield, True Blue Quilts
- Suzy Webster, Websterquilt
Blog Hop Round-Up Week 1 and Giveaway
- Jennifer Thomas, Curlicue Creations
- Claudia Porter, Create with Claudia
- Megan Best, Bestquilter
- Maryellen McAuliffe, Mary Mack Made Mine
- Jennifer Eubank, Archipelago Quilting
- Gail Sheppard, Quilting Gail
- Emily Leachman, The Darling Dogwood
- Michelle Roberts, Creative Blonde
- Gail Renna, Quilt Haven Threads
Blog Hop Round-Up Week 2 and Giveaway
- Sally Manke, Sally Manke Fiber Artist
- Elizabeth DeCroos, Epida Studio
- Connie Kauffman, Kauffman Designs
- Jennifer Fulton, Inquiring Quilter
- Mania Hatziioannidi, Mania for Quilts
- Janet Yamamoto, Whispers of Yore
Fabulous!!! I love the layered circles--that's a really fun look, like alien rocks.ReplyDelete
So pretty! I love everything about this quilt, and those offset circles are wonderful!ReplyDelete
I love those colors and your design, looks funky fresh.ReplyDelete
Wonderful dot quilt.ReplyDelete
Love the circles!ReplyDelete
Love the circles!ReplyDelete
Fabulous quilt! But just out of curiosity, how did the quilt get up in the tree? Did your son climb it and put it there? And climb it to fetch it back down after it was photographed?ReplyDelete
Thumbs up! Great quilt! I'm not into modern as much, but I really like your quilt.ReplyDelete
Pretty design with all of the circles.ReplyDelete
Great design! I love your final layout, but I love a lot of the other ideas too. I hope you make some more quilts. That circle die looks fun to play with. Have a super day!ReplyDelete
Love to see all your arrangements and love the one you selected!ReplyDelete