I started by picking out some of my favorite Christmas fabrics from Island Batik (of course!)
Then I got my pieces all fused. You can see the John Deere flannel I keep on my ironing board so the pieces don't slip.
Next it was time to quilt. I decided to play with threads here. I used a 28 weight Aurifil thread for the green leaves and stitching the ring. A 40 weight burgundy for the red border and a 50 weight cream for the background quilting. On all these threads I used a 90 Microtex needle and 50 weight in the bobbin. It worked fantastically.
My batting of choice was a Hobbs Silk batting. I love how well it drapes even with dense quilting.
I had fun echoing the leaves. It wasn't perfect, but I'm happy with how it looks.
Here's the quilt all done. I have been top-stitching my bindings lately and I like the effect it gives.
I forgot the berries! I didn't have any red buttons, but I find some red crystals.
They're not as good as Nancy's buttons, but they're what I had on hand and they do add a little sparkle.
Nancy's hop goes for another week and a half! Be sure to check out all the amazing creations. And stop back soon to see more of what I'm up to.
I hope you get to quilt today!